With the assistance of the Association for the Development of Lisbon University’s Faculdade de Letras (ADFLUL), Lisbon University’s Faculdade de Letras (Translation and Interpreting Programme, supported by the faculty’s Language Centre) will be staging its sixth Portuguese-language refresher course for conference interpreters from 18 to 29 July 2022, following on from five successful previous courses.
The course is intended for:
- trained and recently trained professional interpreters with passive Portuguese (expected level B2 or more) in their language combination, or who are in the process of adding the language, preferably with English, French or Spanish mother tongue;
- professional interpreters with other mother tongues, provided that they are able to pair up with another participant with the same language combination, so that a trainer in their mother tongue will not be required.
The course will include simultaneous interpreting exercises organized by subject matter, sessions focusing on the Portuguese language, talks on major themes of relevance to Portugal, and guided tours. This will provide intensive exposure to the Portuguese language and Portugal’s current affairs, society, history and culture.
During the training sessions and talks, trainees will have the opportunity to practise simultaneous interpreting using both authentic and educational material in three soundproof ISO-standard booths, guided by professional interpreters who are fully experienced in training conference interpreters in Portugal on the Faculdade de Letras’ post-graduate course in conference interpreting.
The classes will be taught in Portuguese.
- Schedule: 9:30-12:30 / 14:00-17:00
- Contact hours: 60
- Number of trainees: 12 min./
- Fee: 1.250 euros
- Pre-registration deadline: 31 May 2022.
For further details, please contact the Centro de Línguas administration office:
+351 217 816 152 (Monday to Thursday 3:00 pm to 6:30 pm | Friday, 10:00 am to 1:00 pm)